I leave feeling so empowered, you provide a different perspective. It’s been transformative for me. – Coaching Client, UNC Health.
Being a leader can be challenging. You might feel alone. Sometimes it feels like you’re In over your head. (To quote Professor Bob Kegan). That means that the skills that got you here may no longer serve you, as your environment gets more complex . You need an ally, someone to listen attentively, without judgment, to what puzzles or challenges you. My role is to help you get more clear about the challenge you’re facing. In my coaching, I do the following:
- Listen and ask powerful questions that help you gain insight.
- Engage you in reflection on how you’re making sense of things
- Help you consider the impact that you’re having, and align that to the impact that you want to have.
- Offer a reframe to look at a problem from another angle or from a system perspective.
- Help you look at how your behavior serves you or how it gets in your way.
Listening, being empathic and asking powerful questions – it’s what I do best.
This was very useful. I’ve had 3 other coaches, I didn’t find it as useful. You know where I need to go more than they did. Not everybody understands everyone so well.Department Chair, UNC Health
You’re a good listener and you ask excellent questions. I’ve achieved more clarity in a half hour talking with you than in the last week.Christina Gorczynski, Executive Director, Impact Austin.
You’re doing a great job. I’m trying to develop these skills; some of these things are hard and some are hard to talk about, but you have a great demeanor. I don’t think I would have improved these behaviors if you hadn’t brought that up for me. Your feedback has been a big help to me.RC, Quality Engineering Manager, Medical Components Company